DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
**This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus!**
We are seeking a Director of Oncology/ Medical Surgical to join the nursing leadership team at CJW’s Johnston-Willis Hospital. If you are a phenomenal nurse leader dedicated to mentoring and supporting your team members to their best potential, take the next step in your career and apply today.
See why our employees love working at Johnston-Willis Hospital!
At Johnston-Willis Hospital we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—and inpatient rehabilitation, and our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit:
As Director of the Oncology /Medical Surgical Units, you will provide management of the units as well as motivate and champion staff to reach their professional goals. Your specific job functions include:
1. Manages the financial and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services. Works closely with their recruiter and the recruiting team to develop sourcing and hiring strategies.
2. Integrates department services with the hospital’s primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
4. Continual assessment and improvement of the department performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
5. Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
7. Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
8. Provides for orientation, inservice training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
9. Assumes the duties of the Associate Nursing Executive or Administrative Coordinator as assigned.
10. Remains focused on employee rounding, employee engagement, and employee retention measured by annual engagement scores, monthly and trending turnover rates.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN).
Required: Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License.
Required: American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BCLS or BLS) Health Care Provider.
Required: 5 years of current nursing experience.
Required: 2 years of management or supervisory experience.
Preferred: 2 years of nursing experience in Oncology Medical Surgical and/or Inpatient Rehabilitation.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.