SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
NFRMC is a 510 bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years. NFRMC offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services. NFRMC is fully accredited by the Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. NFRMC has also received the highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient safety and quality of care.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Assistance
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
Position Summary: Operates sterilizers according to standard procedures. Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from the following: Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab, Labor and Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Operates sterilizers according to standard procedures.
- Cooperates with other sterilization personnel with taking call.
- Practices bio hazardous waste separation per policy and procedure.
- Responsible for receiving, sorting, cleaning and sterilizing supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and stores equipment in between usages.
- Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from the following: Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab, Labor and Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Maintains shelf stock level of storeroom supplies and restock supply carts to par level by ordering from Central Supply.
- Sorts, assembles, and inspects instrument trays reporting all defects/damage and malfunctions.
- Loads and processes washers/decontaminators according to standard procedures.
- Removes and sorts items from washer/decontaminators and assembles items according to standard procedures.
- Processes all items for sterilization and checks all items for package integrity.
- Cleans all equipment and case carts according to standard procedures and check or proper operation.
- Prepares instruments for clean or sterile packaging and stores them.
- Demonstrates ability to process sterile trays and packs using proper testing and chart procedure.
- Maintains logs and documentation for all items sterilized.
- Utilizes heat sealer and peel pack machine according to manufacturer recommendation and/or policy and procedure.
- Keeps sterilization logs current, ensures proper documentation.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read, write and understand written and oral instructions.
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated communications and customer service skills, success in organizing work and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- BLS through American Heart Assocation
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.