SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Pharmacist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Corpus Christi Medical Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631- bed Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains strong knowledge of hospital policies and government regulations and dispenses medications accordingly. Participates in implementing goals, objectives, and policies and procedures of the pharmacy department and the facility.
- Effectively supports management.
- Effectively manages own professional practice including time and space, professional ethics, continuing education, reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Consults with physicians and nursing staff regarding patient reactions, errors, and complaints. Focuses on customer service.
- Evaluates medication orders, accurately and safely compounds medications in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Identifies and consults on possible drug interactions.
- Assists in the supervision and training of pharmacy technician personnel.
- Maintains knowledge pertaining to facility utilization of automated dispensing processes including the use of automated dispensing units, Connect RX, over wrap packaging, and barcoding within the facility.
- Effectively and accurately provides education or in-services on rational medication therapy and medication procedures to healthcare professionals, students, patients, or the public as needed.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and timely drug information response to healthcare professionals.
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques while following the health systems policies; effectively supervises technical personnel who may be involved in these processes.
- Evaluates medication orders, accurately and safely compounding medications in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Collaborates with all individuals involved in the medication use process when appropriate.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, networking, completing and improving the work activities through effective management of time, tasks, and available resources.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory control, and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
- Monitors, records, and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patients in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members as needed.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Assists in medication formulary management and compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting with monthly inspections, and fulfilling additional pharmacy staffing hours when needed.
What qualifications you will need:
Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy. Current with all continuing education requirements of Texas for registered pharmacist.
Licensed to practice pharmacy in Texas.
Possess a current renewal certificate.
Meets all legal requirements for the practice.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.