SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Putnam Community Medical Center is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to join a dynamic team and top notch facility!
A 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers an Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
- Support PCMC’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
- Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, provide and coordinate patient care through the plan of care, and goal achievement by the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patients’ status. They also educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Provides direct patient care activities according to the therapeutic plan of care and individual patient needs. This is done as directed by patient’s care plan, and as indicated by the Registered Nurse.
- Provides appropriate information to assist the Registered Nurse in the preparation and maintenance of an effective patient care plan.
- Records in the patient’s official record a detailed report of care given which reflects the therapeutic plan and specific aspects of the patient care plan.
- Reinforces instructions given to the patient by the physician and Registered Nurse and refers new needs for instruction to the Registered Nurse.
- May administer prescribe medications to patients under the specific policies and procedures.
- Performs selected prescribe treatment and nursing measures for the patient under specific guidelines.
- Notifies the Registered Nurse of significant findings or changes in the patient’s physical or mental conditions.
- Taking and recording the patients’ vital signs such as: blood pressure, temperature, weight, height and prescription.
- Taking lab samples from patients including blood and urine samples.
Your benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Student loan repayment
Education: State of Florida LPN License
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- IV & Central Line Certification required
- Completion of an accredited LPN Program
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 year related experience
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.