DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Twin Cities Hospital is a 65-bed hospital with a medical staff of over 150 physicians. It offers all private rooms and the areas first Certified Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program and Certified Spine Surgery Program, in addition to a state-of-the-art surgery center. Twin Cities Hospital also has 24 hour emergency services, a critical care unit, Certified Diabetes Education Program, and a variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging and laboratory services. Located at Highway 85 North and College Boulevard in Niceville, Twin Cities Hospital also has the areas only hospital based Wellness Center, offering a variety of health related seminars throughout the year. For more information, please call (850) 678-4131.
To provide care to patients under the direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of TCH.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of sterile technique, instruments and supplies needed for surgical cases.
2. Communicates, interacts and participates in teamwork on the unit.
3. Communicates and participates in patient care activities in direct conjunction with the RN.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the Surgical Technologist support role and knows the impact on the patient care process.
5. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
6. Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
7. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
8. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
9. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
11. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
12. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
13. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
14. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
15. May have access to the POS room or designated areas to transport, assemble, and stock (inventory) of non scheduled drugs and biologicals to include but not limited to fluids, sterile water, normal saline, and irrigations.
16. Maintains and safely handles medications to include IV fluids, contrast media and prescription medications within the scope of practice.
17. Other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At West Florida Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Graduated from ST training program required
• BLS required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Previous scrubbing experience preferred
• Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Knowledge of basic anesthesia principles
• Equipment set up/troubleshooting skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.