SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
$5,000 SIGN ON & RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
Core Laboratory- 5361 NW 33rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
We are seeking a Molecular Technologist with NGS or molecular oncology experience to join our organization.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Performs routine high-complexity testing in a molecular genetics/genome sequencing lab and performs quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Follows procedures related to patient testing including, but not limited to:
- Receives and records delivery of patient samples.
- Willingness to work with human specimens in a regulated BSL-2 laboratory environment
- Prepares specimens for the downstream processes performed in other areas of the lab such as library prep and instrument operations.
- Performs manual and automated molecular protocols
- Informs other personnel, management and Lab Director of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of patient results.
- Documents any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware.
- Instruments and equipment:
- Be able to perform maintenance of laboratory equipment, including the sequencers, instruments, and other specimen prep equipment.
- Ensures that the laboratory facility and equipment remain in good working order, performing routine calibrations and maintenance.
- Works in a CAP/CLIA Laboratory environment and follows regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with testing, implementation, and validation of new procedures and instrumentation.
- Documents any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel and management to be aware.
- Takes corrective action if Quality Control results are not within acceptable limits.
- Troubleshoot and document corrective actions following established procedures and in coordination with laboratory supervisors and directors.
- Assist with Laboratory inventory management to maintain adequate supplies for patient testing.
- Be able to train new staff and assist in preparation for lab inspections, as requested.
- Help with drafting and updating standard operating procedures (SOP) and work instructions (WI).
- Dedicated individual with strong communication skills able to work independently and in a team environment.
- A proven track record to efficiently and accurately deliver results for project deadlines and testing turnaround times.
- Must adhere to safety and quality laboratory standards
You Should Have:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or similar life science with at least 2 years of experience performing high complexity testing, including PCR and/or next-generation sequencing.
- Medical Technologist or Molecular Technologist Florida license required
- Molecular Biology/Diagnostics ASCP or AAB certification required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.