DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
State-of-the-art cancer care in Northeast Florida
Cancer Center of Putnam is part of the HCA Healthcare network. Dr Kuruvilla has partnered with HCA and Sarah Cannon to continue serving patients in Putnam County as he has since 1991.
The Cancer Center of Putnam is highly recognized to be in the forefront of cancer care, diagnosis and treatment in Northeast Florida. Dr. Anand Kuruvilla has been at the center since it opened 25 years ago and has been privileged to take care of the needs of Putnam County citizens with cancer. In addition to being Board Certified in radiation oncology, Dr. Kuruvilla has belonged to the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative care since 2000.
We utilize state-of-the-art techniques such as Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Mammosite and Accuboost. We offer mobile PET/CT at our locations which allow us to provide total care at the location of your choice.
· Support PCMC’s hallmark of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
· Assist in helping the patient navigate the complexities of a cancer diagnosis from collecting vital signs, obtaining history, reconciling medication, answering phones, and coordinating referrals to outside physicians.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, and visitors and other employees.
· Champion PCMC’s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
· Obtain vital signs and patient history.
· Scanning of records into EMR.
· Accurately and precisely, documents notes in EMR patient chart.
· Reviews documentation with physician for approval and signature.
· Complete plan of care sheet for patients as needed with all upcoming appointments listed.
· Schedule and coordinate any needed referrals, procedures, testing and follow up for all patients. To include PET scans (review instructions and prep with patient), CT scans, biopsies, cardiac clearance, Pulmonary Function Tests, MRI, mammograms, lab work, surgery consults, Med One consults, home health, and hospice.
· Call patients to confirm appointments for the next day.
· Prep charts for the next day clinic, which includes acquiring any needed records and/or reports from outside offices.
· Answers phones and assists caller or forward calls accordingly.
· Monitor lab results of on treatment patients and ensure patients do them weekly.
· Make changes in physicians schedule to meet needs of doctor and notify staff accordingly.
· Evaluate side effects of treatment, notify physician of any side effects of treatment.
· Arrange transportation for patient when ordered by physician.
· Monitor pain meds during treatment with pain log.
· Call in prescriptions or enter prescriptions into EMR per doctor’s instructions.
· Request discs for PET scan, copy/prepare discs for patients or outside referrals as needed.
· Complete requests for medical records from outside sources. Mail out documents/patient records when needed by US mail or UPS.
· Print, stuff, and mail out flyers for monthly support group meetings that are held at Cancer Center.
· Other duties as assigned.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High School or GED
Experience: 3 years of General Medical Office experience is preferred
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Medical Assistant or CNA preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Computer literate, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, excellent accuracy and reliability, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure in high stress environment while maintaining composure and positive affirmative response. Must have high customer service skills with compassion and empathy toward patients. Excellent attendance.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.