SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
- 4 Operating suites
- Davinci Robotics Program
- Self scheduling for call
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressing, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program (FT/PT employees)
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Package
Matching 401(k) Plan
Nursing Clinical Ladder
Generous Paid Time-Off Plan
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Discount Program
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Enrolled in a bachelor’s of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia license (or license pending state board approval).
Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred: 2 years of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.