DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
· You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
· You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
· You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
· You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
· You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
· You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
· You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
· You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
· You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
· You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
· You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
· Your decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
· You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
· You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
· You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
· You will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
Interested in a career at Wesley Woodlawn? Contact Melanie!
Here is what we can offer you:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
** Must be able to rotate taking call on weekends. **
I'm interested, what is required for this position?
· You have a current Registered Nurse License in the state of Kansas, and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
· Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy
· Prefer that candidates have 2 year of experience in an operating room
· Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatment and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
· Candidates must have 1 year o PACU experience, or 3 years of Critical Care or Acute Care experience
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
· Possess personal computer skills
· Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
· Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.