SHIFT: No Weekends
Currently offering a $2500 Sign-On Bonus for All Qualified Candidates
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II trauma center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Plant Operations team. This a Full Time, Day Shift position, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM, with rotating call.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for corrective and preventive maintenance on all fixed and movable facility assets. Individuals in this position provides a safe and comfortable work environment for employees, patients and visitors by maintaining repairs and maintenance of heating, ventilation & air conditioning and refrigeration equipment for the hospital, grounds and hospital properties. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition; maintains routine records and determines type and extent of malfunction of equipment and, as necessary, adjusts, disassembles and repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles and tests for proper operation. Reports more serious problems to supervisor for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- Perform a variety of general semi-skilled maintenance, alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance to basic skills and abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturers instructions.
- Assist with routine electrical maintenance, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- General mechanical maintenance of hospital and kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment, etc.
- General plumbing maintenance – maintain, repair and make alterations to steam, gas, water, air and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures. Bend, cut, ream and thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints and pipe systems for leaks. Repair and replace valves, repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
- General welding – welding, cutting, joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair and assembling extension cords, replacing fuses, fluorescent ballast and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery. Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related items.
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests components necessary to operate and maintain indoor air quality, test water and steam p-ring, all gas systems and boiler room systems. Repair and maintain all air conditioning, heating, ventilation (including supply, return, exhaust air) equipment and systems and refrigeration equipment as assigned by supervisor or director.
- Immediately identifies, sequesters and informs the Plant Supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Achieves to reduce maintenance and utility costs through improved operational procedures and timely completion of preventative maintenance.
- Reviews all work orders and immediately calls to the attention of the supervisor all orders which cannot be completed.
- Records data as required on equipment logs.
- Performs preventative maintenance and testing of the emergency generators, transfer switches and associated equipment to NFPA standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Mechanical – prefer minimum 2 years of Operation/Repair of heating, vent and A/C systems including central plan chilled water & direct expansion. Install & repair commercial A/C & refrig units
- Maintenance – minimum 3 years in building mechanical main with skills in walk-in refrig/freezer – ability to read blue prints & schematics of maintenance related items.
- Journeyman License Preferred
- Ability to work from an iPad and Computer
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Flex Spending, Life, Disability Benefits
Employee stock purchase plan
Employee Discount Program
Student Loan Repayment
And much more!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.