SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 39 years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, robotic surgery, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care at two locations.
The Director of Surgical Services ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall function and staffing of the unit(s)/department(s) in addition to forecasting, planning, and budget monitoring. The Director fosters a culture of accountability and collaboration and supports the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures in support of facility objectives.
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Ensures efficient patient throughput and delivery of high quality, patient-centered care through volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Develops care coordination policies and procedures to promote improved quality, safety, and efficiency in care. Fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within and across departments and ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations. Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Provides leadership to execute a strategic roadmap designed to enhance patient experience and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and patient experience leaders to ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth. Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance; identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget. Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization. Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
Supports HCA by
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or other approved education plan required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Master's degree in MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 1+ years of applicable experience required
- 3+ years of applicable experience preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.