SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving the communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for over 60 years. Lake City Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare North Florida offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. Lake City Medical Center is an Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology, and has achieved Disease Specific Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the Joint Commission. We have been named the area's Best of the Best Hospital 20 years in a row and employer of choice in 2019 by the Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce!
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients Accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Lake City Medical Center.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
Student Loan Forgiveness
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Current enrollment in an RN program required: completion of the first medical/surgical class is required
- EMT, Paramedic training, 2 year associate degree in Medical Assistant, PCT certificate, or Registered Nursing Students, who have completed fundamentals of nursing courses
- Previous 1 year hospital experience is preferred.
- Basic pharmacology knowledge, medical terminology preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Unit secretary skill preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.