Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) N Florida VP Marketing and Corporate Affairs? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
• Student Loan Repayment
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
• Flexible spending accounts
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Legal benefits and pet insurance
• Discounted Auto, Home, and Life Insurance and Identity Theft Protection
For more benefits details click here.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated N Florida VP Marketing and Corporate Affairs like you to be a part of our team.
The Division Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Affairs oversees strategic direction and coordination of strategic communications, marketing, and community engagement. This includes, but is not limited to internal and external communication, media and public relations, marketing strategy execution, community engagement, and crisis management. He/She will oversee the activation of the Division Brand and ensure alignment of marketing strategies to the Division’s communication and community engagement agendas. This position reports directly to and works closely with the Division President and represents marketing and corporate affairs in key leadership meetings as appropriate. This position cultivates strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholder groups to ensure alignment and integration of messages, and guides key leadership in doing the same. Division strategic communications and community engagement roles report directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Affairs. This position will work closely with regional and enterprise marketing shared service leadership to direct and execute Division marketing and brand strategies. Additionally, the Vice President ensures alignment and consistency of marketing strategies and related messaging and oversees outside partner agencies/contractors that support strategic objectives. The Vice President works with corporate communications, marketing, and community engagement to ensure internal and external strategies reinforce the promotion and protection of the HCA Healthcare brand.
• Consults with key leaders to define and address communication needs, and develops and implements programs to deliver key messages.
• Provides internal and external messaging for division-wide initiatives and issues.
• Identifies opportunities for Division President to communicate with internal audiences, and advises Division President on internal communication strategies.
• Oversees the development of speeches, articles, personal correspondence and other materials on behalf of Division President and other key executives as needed.
• Is knowledgeable of and helps navigate state political and regulatory environments in support of the Government Relations team.
• Lead communications working groups in the development and execution of internal communications initiatives and programs on behalf of executive leadership such as organizational changes and new or existing campaigns.
• Coordinates with division-level and facility-based communications and community engagement team members to ensure alignment and consistency of messages within and between facilities.
• Collaborates with outside partner agencies/contractors on internal and external messaging.
• Manages and implements the external communication activities, specifically in the areas of media relations, public relations, community relations and crisis management.
Media and Public Relations
• Manages the work of communications team, including the facility communication managers (and any outside PR firms), and works collaboratively with them to develop and align internal communication and implement outreach efforts to earn external recognition for the Division and its facilities.
• Monitors major issues and develops communication strategies to address them; leads team in generating press releases and provides consultation, content, editing and approval; leads crisis and issues management plans; and helps develop statements and talking points.
• Evaluates and orchestrates speaking engagements and high-level key notes at community and press events.
• Establishes a framework for measurement of PR, Earned Media, and owned communications efforts.
• Works with the leadership and communication team to manage and implement approved crisis communications plan, including spokesperson identification, media talking points, media coordination, and internal and external messaging.
• Works with corporate media team on any media that may impact the HCA Healthcare enterprise.
Marketing Strategy Oversight
• Builds and leverages understanding of Division, Facility, and service line growth objectives to support annual marketing and corporate affairs planning.
• Collaborates with Division and Facility leadership to understand and intake business needs. Directs a regional marketing team to activate marketing strategies in support of these needs.
• Gathers and prepares monthly reports on all Division marketing activities. Understands which metrics are most important to executive leadership. Communicates results and recommendations in a storytelling style that is compelling and memorable to executive audiences.
Defining and Managing Brand Strategy
• Clearly articulates and champions the HCA Enterprise brand strategy and impact on internal / external stakeholders.
• Works closely with the Nashville team to oversee the activation of the market brands within the Division. Ensures that resources and strategies align under the market brand.
• Builds a deep understanding of enterprise and market brand standards, and is accountable for upholding these standards. Builds an accountability structure within the Division to ensure compliance with brand standards.
• Monitors and enforces brand standard compliance across the Division and Facilities.
Community Engagement and Sponsorships
• Manages the Division’s community engagement plan and strategies, including the implementation and maintenance of corporate philanthropic efforts and participation in national partnerships.
• Actively builds relationships with key opinion leaders in the community and other external organizations to promote the Division and its facilities.
• Coordinates and manages corporate sponsorships in partnership with the Division community engagement lead, including negotiation of sponsorship benefits and planning community partnership strategies.
• Works with Community Engagement to identify opportunities to showcase the Division’s involvement in community relations and other charitable activities through earned media.
• Represents the Division at key community functions and events, and serves directly in community and civic roles in a leadership capacity.
• Supports the Division to forge mutually beneficial relationships with individuals and organizations vital to the healthcare systems’ growth and development.
More than 10 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Master's degree is preferred.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry. HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our N Florida VP Marketing and Corporate Affairs opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.