SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) like you to be a part of our team.
As a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety patient care services related to basic needs and continuous observation of high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, including Registered Nurses and Patient Care Technicians, you will ensure the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimize risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. You will deliver patient care while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will maintain direct line of sight with the patient at all times
- You will accompany patients away from their room to ensure safety during transportation, testing and procedures
- You will establish a safe, risk-free environment for patients through utilization of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention
- You will perform room assessment regularly and after any visitations
- You will report any changes in patients’ physical or emotional conditions
- You will be responsible for intervening patient from harming self or others
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
- You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s condition
- You may also assist with basic daily living activities such as feeding and personal hygiene
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 316 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare setting – preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.