Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The purpose of the position is to facilitate and manage front office operations and coordinate customer service through appropriate daily interaction in person, writing, computer communication, and phone skills. Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patient for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage. Ensure that billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. . Serve as intermediary between patient care personnel and billing center. Assist reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, established company policies and compliance programs.
1. Performs the following tasks as requested:
• Prepares patient registration packets
• Verifies patient insurance
• Obtains authorization for treatment/visit when required
• Provides clinical information to insurance/case manager when required
• Schedules patient’s treatment/appointment
• Prepares daily patient record and files patient charges.
• Provides copies of patient visit record to HIMS department
• Maintains census information, keeps department statistical reports
• Assists with patient and physician correspondence
• Answers incoming calls , and takes accurate messages
• Assists with inventories material and supplies.
2. Greets, establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship with patients, explains the activity at the patient’s level of understanding.
3. Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
4. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
5. Other duties as assigned include assisting the Manager, Nursing Director and Program Director.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• One to two years of medical billing and or administrative experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact:
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.