SHIFT: No Weekends
Come join us at Chippenham Hospital! We are a
466-bed acute care Hospital Corporation of America
(HCA) facility located on the Southside of Richmond. We’re a short drive
from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of
shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a provisional Level I Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Are you a Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) with at least one year of experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab or an experienced Radiologic Technologist looking for the next step in your career? Would you like to work for one of Richmond’s preeminent facilities? Are you a patient centric professional who embodies HCA’s mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? If you are a proactive, goal-oriented team player with the ability to work independently this Cardiovascular Technologist position is perfect for you!
The duties and responsibilities of the Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) include, but are not limited to:
• Functions in the capacity of scrub tech, circulator, and monitor person for diagnostic and interventional procedures and cares for patients post procedure with an RN or LPN. Administers eligible medications under the supervision of the MD after satisfactory completion of Pharmacology Certification Class.
• Takes call as needed per hospital policy.
• Restocks and cleans work area to promote patient safety.
• Responsible for all phases of the DLX digital system.
• Transports and assists with the setup preparation of patients.
• Actively supports team as participant to turn over procedure room in a timely manner.
• Actively participates in continuing education.
• Serves as a liaison for the cath lab to promote physician, interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationships.
• Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to the Cath Lab Scope of Care.
• Efficiently communicates verbal and written information, instruction or education to the patient, family members and other members of the health care team as appropriate.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and great full-time/part-time benefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today!
HCA is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 184 hospitals and 2000 sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers and physician clinics located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the “Worlds Most Admired Companies” and “World’s Most Ethical Companies.”
• One year experience in Cardiovascular education clinical program; or,
• 3 years direct patient care clinical experience as a Radiologic Technician/Technologist, Paramedic, or in another patient care related field with significant patient contact.
• High School graduate
• Graduate of a clinical patient care related educational program with significant clinical experience as described in experience requirements.
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Cardiovascular Technology
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.