SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
You are worth more than
a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
an employer match up to 9%
Stock Purchase Plan
Plan Options, Dental & Vision
PARAMEDIC- Full Time
Responsible for patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Gives catheter care.
- takes and records vital signs accurately within the shift.
- Keeps correct intake and output.
- Rounds every hour to anticipate patient needs.
- Obtains and labels specimens accurately.
- Alters patient's position Q2 or as assigned.
- Applied binders, restraints, ice bags, K-pads as delegated by the RN.
- Answers call lights immediately
- Assists with toileting needs.
- Assists patient in.out of beds, chairs, or wheelchairs.
- Gives accurate report of care provided and patients' response to RN Team Leader.
- Assists with preventative measures for compromised skin integrity.
- Keeps room orderly for safe patient environment.
- Assists with Post Mortem Care.
- Ensures each patient's general hygiene needs are met daily.
- Immediately disposes of bio-medical and hazardous waste in labeled bio-medical/bio-hazardous waste container.
- Documents specific patient valuables on designated form when received and immediately contacts security.
- Performs dressing changes as directed by RN.
- Collects and labels specimens for diagnostic.
- Performs bedside blood glucose monitoring.
- Starts peripheral IV's with saline lock.
- Starts Foley catheter as ordered.
- Performs blood draws as ordered.
- Performs point of care testing as ordered.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School graduate or GED preferred
- Ability to read, write, and understand written and oral instruction.
- 6 Months of Paramedic experience.
- State of Florida EMT-P Certification
- BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association
- PALS and PEPP are preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, follow instruction, basic computer usage. EMT-P Clinical Skills.
An EEO/AA Employer
M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.