SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network
where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed
to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to
give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great
outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn
and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more
possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to
our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best
healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for
ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best
suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage
plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in
additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending
accounts, life insurance, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity
over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Assistant Chief Financial Officer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential
As a cornerstone of our thriving community in Salt Lake County, St. Mark’s Hospital offers invaluable expertise gained from delivering exceptional patient care since 1872. With 317 licensed beds and more than 600-physician medical staff, our hospital is dedicated to providing high–quality healthcare. We meet that standard through changes in upgrading technology and advanced procedures. While these changes may be constant, our tradition of caring and healing will never fade.
The Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) is a critical financial leadership pipeline role that serves as a
direct tributary into the hospital Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role. This
position manages the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure
that it is providing effective and efficient service. This individual is responsible for oversight
of the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly,
quarterly and year end processes.
General Summary of Duties:
• Participates as a member of the Campus’ Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission and/or strategic plan.
• Ensures the hospital meets regulatory and compliance needs.
• Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to hospital managers.
• Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office and Division meetings as deemed necessary
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities and committees such as SMAT and/or CVAC.
• Participates in the oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies.
• Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
• Oversight of nonfinancial department(s).
• Oversees the coordination and timely completion of month end close for the hospital and its related COID’s
• Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
• Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting
• Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits
• Functions as Chief Staffing Officer (CSO) for the campus
• Responsible for building relationships with physicians
• Participates in facility’s Clinical Excellence program
• Coordinates physician and vendor contracts with facility contracts manager
• Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing requirements
• Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures and CAM project(s).
• Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report work-papers
• Coordinates internal and external audits
• Coordinates Campus specific Financial Statements
• Ensures the hospital’s internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed.
• Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
• Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct
• Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or other related area required
• Master’s degree in related field preferred
• Minimum of three years in finance/accounting or public accounting/audit experience
• Experience as a hospital Controller preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• CPA preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.