SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
**5,000 Sign on Bonus available for eligible Registered Nurses. Certain requirements and qualifications are needed to receive the bonus. Please inquire for more information. **
Do you have a
passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a
fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Orthopedics department. Submit your application today!
Nurse teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for
creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the
well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your
knowledge and expertise!
The RN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
South Bay Hospital and its team members live by this message, and we have strived to deliver exceptional care and service to the residents of Hillsborough and Manatee Counties since 1982. Located in the corner of Southern Hillsborough County, our hospital is a member of the HCA – West Florida Division. South Bay Hospital is a 138-bed community hospital, nationally recognized by the Joint Commission for Stroke, Total Hip and Knee, Sepsis and Heart Failure. In addition, we are proud to offer a wide variety of patient-centered services to our community including 24-hour Emergency Services, Cardiology, General Surgery, and Orthopedics. As a long-standing leader in the Southshore community, South Bay Hospital remains committed to providing advanced medical services, expert healthcare providers and a dedicated care team focused on creating an exceptional experience for every patient, every time.
We can offer you
a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from
a variety of medical and dental coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You
also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k,
medical, dental and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to
make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For
over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If
you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS Certification from the American Red Cross (HCA chosen provider) OR American Heart Association is required.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
We are proud of our team members and the exceptional care they provide our patients:
- Top Workplace in Tampa Bay (2019) by the Tampa Bay Times
- Accredited by the Joint Commission: Hospital, Laboratory, Primary Stroke Center, Joint Replacement Hip, Joint Replacement Knee, and Sepsis
- American College of Radiology Accreditation In CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, MRI, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine
- Healthgrades® Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety, Patient Safety Excellence Award™, Five Star Recipient For Hip Fracture Treatment, Pacemaker Procedures, Small Intestine Surgeries, and Gallbladder Removal Surgery
- Ethisphere® lnstitute's World's Most Ethical Companies - HCA Healthcare
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.