DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Registered Nurse
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital – McAllen, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Neuroscience Stepdown Unit
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH), an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient services.
What you will do in this role:
The Neuroscience RN staff nurse provides direct critical neuroscience nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Rio Grande Regional Medical Center. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, delegates and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care.
The Neuroscience RN will Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the neuroscience service line.
• Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Neuroscience patients of appropriate ages in each assigned areas; i.e. craniotomies, pituitary surgical patients, ischemic stroke classification, seizure disorders, VP shunts, cervical and lumber surgeries, and cardiovascular arrhythmias and/or disease/disorders.
• Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
• Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
• Provides for the processing of patients transitions thru department, and movement of patients to other levels of care; i.e. rehab.
• Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility, and outcomes.
• Specializes in the care of patients with biopsychosocial alteration due to nervous system dysfunction.
What qualification you will need:
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
• Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
• Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care, Med-Surg, Telemetry, and Neurology
• Current CPR certification,
• ACLS required or within a minimum of 6 months of employment.
• Will need 10 hours of stroke education per year.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.