SHIFT: No Weekends
Employee Health Coordinator-Registered Nurse (RN)-Occupational Health
Employee Health-Human Resource
Full-Time Days FTE 0.9
Northwest Medical Center
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’s services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We are looking for a dedicated passionate Registered Nurse (RN) for our Employee Health Coordinator position.The Employee Health Nurse shall be a registered professional nurse who will provide a multi-faceted employee health program of preventative medical care and be responsible for monitoring hospital employees, and volunteer members health related situations. As the Employee Health Coordinator, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in Emergency Preparedness drills and actual emergencies as instructed in the
Safety Management Program Manual.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner through proper judgment,
intervention and appropriate procedures.
- Ensure annual competency for all hospital/ clinic regulatory services as applied.
- Coordinate a program of employee screening for all perspective employees with the combined
services of Human Resources, Laboratory, Radiology and Emergency Department.
- Ensure completeness of medical history form.
- Review all collected data and results of medical testing for new hires.
- Complete Hepatitis screening on all new employees and initiates Hepatitis B vaccine when
indicated, within ten (10) days of employment.
- Screen all prospective employees and performs and interprets tuberculosis skin
- Communicate with physicians, as needed, to identify
health problems; assists with or recommends appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Review completed physical and communicates abnormal findings or need for follow-up
- Maintain an employee health file for every employee.
- Coordinate a program of annual health requirements for all employees and monitors its
- Communicate with the VP of Human Resources in investigation of communicable disease
exposure to Hospital employees.
- Perform and interprets tuberculosis skin testing/education update on all employees
- Provide follow-up care/referrals to employees requiring treatment for positive skin
- Maintain an up-to-date record of employee illnesses, injuries and vaccinations.
- Review and track all employee exposures.
- Maintain employee health activity calendar to ensure memos/reminders are sent to
employees regarding follow-up daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
- Review department Sick Call Log for trends or epidemics and reports same to Infection
Control Committee monthly.
- Serve as resource for all employees requiring medical, physical, and psychological
assistance or referrals.
- Provide health counseling for employees with special health care needs regarding their
job limitations, post exposures and illnesses.
- Communicate with all employees hospitalized at Northwest
- Answer telephones for the Department promptly.
Identify the Department and name. Speak clearly and in a moderate tone of voice. Address the caller by name when known. Transfer callers to the appropriate
individual or department and takes messages when necessary, validating that all
information is correct.
- Greet people entering the office. Smile and
makes direct eye contact. Give full
attention to the person. Maintain a
professional demeanor at all times. Direct individuals to the appropriate department.
- Maintain a good rapport with Medical Staff, Department Leaders, peers and patients.
- Make recommendations to improve work flow, and identifies and communicates problems
to VP of HR.
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Two (2) year Associate Nursing degree (ASN) required.
- Four (4) year Bachelors Nursing degree (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of nursing experience preferred
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Meditech, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook experience preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.