SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
About Interventional Cardiac Unit IVCU:
12 Bed unit
Providing a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac and medical patients.
3:1 patient to nurse ratio.
The patient population includes diagnosis such as TPA infusion, clot busting, sheath arterial management and patients in need of Cardiac surgery.
Able to work in a fast paced environment with a team of strong nurses and great teamwork.
The IVCU RN provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
Carries out physician orders.
Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
Interprets telemetry monitoring strips, appropriately identifies cardiac rhythms and interventions to treat and care for dysrhythmias.
Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Instructs and educates patients and families.
Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as a RN in VA or a compact license.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Current certification as an ACLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to pass and maintain competency in Critical Medication administration and Cardiac Rhythm identification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.