DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Schedule: Mixed days and evening shifts rotating 8 and 10 hour shifts. Includes weekends.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Rose Medical Center, a well-known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. Rose is an acute care hospital with 422 licensed beds, 1,150 employees, 150 volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians.
With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to "serve the need of every creed." By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world. Awards and Honors Rose is honored to be recognized by several national organizations, including being rated as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, one of six hospitals recognized nationwide for Outstanding Nursing Quality by the American Nurses Association and being a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. Rose Medical Center, a HealthONE hospital, has been recognized as adesignated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organization like Rose the meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Our Staff at Rose take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Technician. Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
• Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
• Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
• Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
• Accurately maintains required documentation logs
• Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements. Performs all pharmacy operations under the supervision of a pharmacist.
• Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
• Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned
• Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
• Performs basic billing functions and patient charges in a timely manner as assigned
• Accurately performs required calculations
• Accurately and safely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures
• Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
• Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
• Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
• Prepares all work records needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas.
• Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
• Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy.
• Process medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy.
• Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
• Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.)
• Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
• Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
• Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered.
• Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures
• Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or product damage.
· Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities to minimize waste.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• High school diploma required. Completion of a pharmacy technician education program preferred
• Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT or national equivalent) with Colorado State Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Pharmacy Technician certificate, or Colorado State Board of Pharmacy (DORA) issued Provisional Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
• Verbal communication
• Read/comprehend written instructions
• Follow verbal instructions
Department - Specific:
• Automated dispensing machines
• Pharmacy equipment, Torsion scale
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.