This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health
Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates
and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States.
Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture
where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best
possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of
additional members to join our team!
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Employee Discount Program
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by managing all aspects of
environmental control, clinical staff, equipment, and education of personnel.
Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services rendered to
improve clinical outcomes. Plans and directs the delivery of safe,
effective nursing care until the patient is discharged. The Clinical
Director ensures that nursing care meets the standards of the profession, the
policies of the Center, and is appropriate to the Center’s patient population.
The director will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote
quality customer service and patient satisfaction.
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Directs and supervises all areas of nursing care.
- Maintains an effective and supportive working
relationship with the Medical Director.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in
accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies of the
- Keeps Facility Administrator informed of clinical
- Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment
in which all team members can work cooperatively.
- Oversees and administers staff scheduling.
- Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of
nursing care provided.
- Direct and provide for patient care in emergency
- Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians
and their patients.
- Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure
adequate staffing at all times.
- Administers effective employee performance management
through continuous coaching and development.
- Administers appropriate corrective action in timely
manner to address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy
- Understands and assists with implementing and
maintaining personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary
program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the
- Establish appropriate lines of communication,
authority, and accountability as directed for the clinical operations.
- Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body
- Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA)
and assists in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency
- Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for
informative and educational purposes.
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and
any ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory
and/or accreditation standards.
- Implement Best Practices and follow-up.
- Assists with facility marketing efforts.
- Assists with implementing on-going risk management
- Completes variance reports as necessary.
- Supervises and participates in inventory count, as
required per facility practice.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of
proposed new equipment.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids
- Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff
meetings and participates in emergency drills.
- Orientates and trains new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required
education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and
patient information at all times.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and
effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve
overall ASD objectives.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy
and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator’s
- Minimum (3) years direct RN experience (preferably in
an ambulatory surgery center surgical setting).
- Minimum (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of
employment or appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online
certification not acceptable.
- ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
- CNOR preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business
operations and the effect they have on the overall business results.
- Identifies underlying care management issues and
- Knows when to apply proper care interventions.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data
analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to apply tools and processes to successfully
manage to staffing budget.
- Ability to assess work activities and allocate
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures,
systems, and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all
documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping
people feel valued, appreciated, and included.
- Ability to maintain long-term customer relationships,
building trust and respect by consistently meet and exceed expectations.
- Handles upset staff and patients by hearing them out,
empathizing, apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for resolving
- Objectively views a conflict from all sides.
- Performs mentally and physically taxing work
effectively; retains the capacity for effective action or accomplishment
over long periods of time.
- High Impact Communication - Ability to communicate
clearly and concisely.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve
patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and
openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical
- Computer Skills – Demonstrated computer proficiency and
proficiency in PC applications as required.
are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.