SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network
where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed
to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to
give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great
outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn
and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more
possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to
our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best
healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for
ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We can offer you a benefits package that will best
suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage
plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in
additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending
accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
Are you looking for a company that places integrity
over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Director of Emergency Services to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Johnson County and the surrounding counties since December of 1978. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute medical care services to our patients. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
The Director Emergency Services
Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
• Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
• Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
• Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
• Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
• Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
• Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
• Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
• Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
• Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
• Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
• Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
• Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
• Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
• Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
• Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
• Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
• Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
• Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
• Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
• Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree Nursing required
• Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in emergency services required
• 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
• Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
• Reference HCA LEADS
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.