SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized
as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care
Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The
Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with
physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are
performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will
be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a
culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the
best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of
additional members to join our team! Video
- ASD Surgical Tech
A few of the benefits we
- Tuition Reimbursement and
Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life,
Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on
- New Extended Family Leave and
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Monitors and records all test loads and sterilization cycles; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Maintains accurate records for PM’s for equipment; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to OR Coordinator Nurse Manager.
- Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use.
- Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips.
- Understands concept of “short cycle” and it is appropriate to use to sterilize and/or disinfect instruments for immediate use.
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing.
- One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
- Certification in Central Sterile Processing required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.