SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
A few of the benefits we provide you:
Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
New Extended Family Leave and PTO
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Discount Program
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company completing the follow-up and collection from third party payers and self pay accounts to enhance cash flow and obtain associated reimbursement based on established contracts.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs follow up activities on all accounts to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintains daily queue on desktop.
- Identifies and corrects any coding or billing problems from EOBs.
- Monitors insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner.
- Prepares accounts for rebilling and for filing secondary insurance; sends to carrier with necessary documents, as needed.
- Completes filing and follow-up on insurance denials with coder and physicians to obtain reimbursement.
- Handles patient and insurance inquiries.
- Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account.
- Updates AdvantX using daypack and re-files claims, as required.
- Assigns Bad Debt accounts to Collection Agency as approved by BOM.
- Acts as a liaison in collection of third party accounts, as required per Center practices.
- Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to outside agencies.
- Administers Center contracts with third party payers including Medicare and Medicaid, in accordance with facility practices, as determined through facility processes.
- Notifies BOM/Administrator of contractual issues that are contrary or inconsistent with contract language.
- Negotiates payment plans on self pay accounts utilizing established policies regarding Settlement Discounts.
- Completes weekly reporting to BOM and Administrator involving collections.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable days.
- Responsible for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt.
- Performs reviews and turnovers of aged accounts to an outside collection agency for 1st placements and bad debt.
- Follows Best Practices regarding initial follow-up at 21- 28 days for insurance claims and subsequent follow-up every 14-21 days.
- Answers telephones.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees.
- Provides business office and admissions back up as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC Skills – Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX – Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
- Knowledge of commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Tricare insurance operating procedures and contracts, and basic medical terminology.
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology (preferred).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.