This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Mom Baby Department. Submit your application today!
We are seeking a nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As part of HCA Healthcare, we at HealthONE® serve the metro Denver area as the largest healthcare system, with more than 11,000 employees. Our eight hospitals work together to provide a higher level of care. In addition, our system includes seven freestanding emergency departments, numerous ambulatory surgery centers, seven urgent care centers and occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, medical imaging centers and , which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. Beyond the new facilities and the workforce offerings, we also provided $7.7 million to local organizations to fund a variety of programs; and, as one of the top ten corporate philanthropists in the metro area, we at HealthONE contributed more than $1.5 million to charitable organizations in 2018 through cash and in-kind donations.
Sky Ridge Medical Center is a 284-bed HCA Healthcare facility located on a 57-acre campus in Lone Tree, Colorado. It is a full service facility including adult and pediatric ERs, Cancer Center, and Spine & Total Joint Center, along with The Women’s Hospital. The Medical Center also specializes in pregnancy & childbirth in their Birth Place
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) exemplifies professional nursing practice through expert clinical practice, strong leadership skills, and management activities. The CNC provides clinical management to the department through coordination of patient care activities, procedures and flow of patients between various units. The CNC delegates duties to staff members within their scope of practice, and acts as a resource for clinical or communication issues to other staff. This is a clinical position and patient assignments will be taken when necessary. This position requires: budgetary commitment to the staffing matrix; involvement with staff performance appraisals; development of unit policy and procedures; and a commitment to uphold Sky Ridge Standards of Behavior. The CNC functions in the Chain-of-Command, continuing the chain upward when situation cannot be resolved at CNC level. The CNC facilities growth and development, empowerment of personnel by functioning as a leader, resource person, and counselor.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: current Colorado – Registered Nurse Licensure
Education & Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Preferred. Current BLS, NRP Certification and STABLE (Preferred).
Experience – Minimum of three years clinical experience in Mother/Baby. One to two years’ experience in charge / supervisory role desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Provided safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Display appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Demonstrates known leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, and a positive attitude
Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
2. Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
3. Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
4. Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
5. Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
6. Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
7. Formulates staff schedule along with the Clinical Coordinator/Director.
8. Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
9. Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
10. Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
11. Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.