SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family
and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Gamma Knife teams are a committed, caring
group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient
interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and was the first non-academic Richmond Hospital center to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife® ICON™
, a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors
, trigeminal neuralgia
(face pain) and other neurological disorders
. Additional information about our Gamma Knife Department:
- 4 room preparation area with one treatment room
- Nurses are responsible for the overall care of the patient throughout the Gamma knife treatment period
- Nurses in the department work hand in hand with physicist, neuro surgeons, and radiation oncologist to provide comprehensive care.
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Two years’ nursing experience
- Previous experience in Neuro (required)
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, dental, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.