SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Del Sol Medical Center
1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the
surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with
a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our
services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a
Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma
Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing
the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total
compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and
your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by
performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common
nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the
registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient
care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the
Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a
clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with
all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules
for unlicensed personnel.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care
plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient
information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital
signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose
levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses
to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of
occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and
positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of
walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from
other units, departments, or entities. Assists with
discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care,
including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of
heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for
diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely
transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or
tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to
include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and
elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call
lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and
resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies
and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions, use
of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient
rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of
equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling
and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that
advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and
advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including
active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have
a clear understanding of all communications.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance
the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET,
Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an active member of the health care
team and positively promotes the rest of the team to
patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates
behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed.
Serves as a positive role model and resource for peers.
- Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the
organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing
high quality care to the patients served
- Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess
availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as instructed.
- Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and
“Mission and Value Statement.”
Education and Experience:
CNA training program preferred
1+ years in acute care hospital setting preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.