SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas
RN Emergency Room Flow Coordinator
Full Time- Evenings 11A-11P
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $10,000 for eligible candidates!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily. You can play a key part in our continued success.
The essential functions of the Flow Coordinator position include:
• Real-Time monitoring of staff efficiency, patterns, and time management related to patient treatment and movement through the Emergency Department. Assist in reducing our patients overall wait times through the ED. Monitoring of standard treatment /benchmark criteria set by facility Senior Leadership to reduce occurrences of defined outliers or negative QA evaluations. Data collection of various metrics will be reported to Senior Leadership.
• Assist the Emergency Department Supervisor with proper patient placement and facilitate patient movement throughout the department
• Monitor ED constantly for ways to increase efficiency in patient care.
• Ensure department is properly equipped at all times
• Open communication with and assist Unit Secretary as needed
• Monitor wait times of test results (i.e. Labs, X-Rays) to including contacting physicians and departments as needed.
• Data collection of studies and timekeeping
• Make recommendations to leadership based off findings through data collection or experience to enhance current processes or create new practices to better serve customers, staff, and hospital system
• Continuously communicates with ED Supervisor on changes, influxes of patients, and opportunities identified in the flow process.
• Round in all the Emergency Department areas every 2 hours.
• Monitor Emergency Department waiting room for surge conditions
• Continuous communication with Triage staff to ensure appropriate placement of patients in the Conveyance model
• Performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act
• In collaboration with the Supervisor and Nurse Manager, the Flow Coordinator assists in the management of a defined patient care area to provide a climate optimal for the provision of individualized, goal directed nursing care that supports the mission, vision of Medical City Dallas
• Utilize therapeutic communication in daily practice
• Treat all patients and families with dignity, respect, and appreciations of their lifestyles, language, religion, and culture
• Support and promote an environment that is conducive to quality Customer Service
• Delegate tasks to the appropriate level of staff
• Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
• BSN required within 24 months of hire into position.
• 2 years of emergency nursing experience preferred
• Current RN License in the State of Texas or compact license
• American Heart Association BLS provider
• ACLS and PALS within 6 months
• TNCC required within 18 months.
• ENPC or CEN within 18 months
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.