SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) –Direct Admit and ED Holding Unit
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the admission process.
- Responsible for coordinating care and collaborating with other departments to ensure positive patient outcomes and that all of the needs of the patients and significant others are met.
- Understands EMTALA.
- Coordinates transfer if appropriate.
- Maintains competency in performing skills as outlined in the Competency Assessment checklist (as appropriate).
- Actively participates in quality improvement activities on a daily basis to promote positive patient outcomes. Identifies trends, single significant events and opportunities to improve care, as well as assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of action plans. Works collaboratively with other staff, physicians, and Charge Nurse to constantly improve the quality of care.
- Responsible for the administration of medications, knowledge of actions, indications, adverse reactions, dosage, and route. Also, must reassess patients for effectiveness of medication and document appropriately.
- Coordinates discharge planning/case management services
- Expedites diagnostic work-up.
- Advises on appropriate level of care.
- Presents healthcare and aftercare/discharge options.
- Obtains, handles and documents various specimens appropriately according to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physician, and other healthcare providers. Practices excellent customer service at all times.
- Responsible for direction of emergent/urgent care in crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Responsible for working with other staff as a team to promote an efficient, well organized unit, which expedites excellent care in order to meet all of the needs of the patients.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies and procedures in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
- Maintains equipment and supplies as needed to assure completion of the admission process.
- Coordinates the admission process from point of entry to receiving nursing unit.
- Educates patients and significant others beginning with their admission assessment to their arrival on the nursing unit on a level that they can understand. This includes consideration of barriers to learning, psychosocial, cultural, age appropriate, discharge planning, and pain management needs. Involves other departments as needed.
- Maintains clinical knowledge of Core Measure requirements inherent to position. Documents patient assessment, patient education, and patient care activities in the medical record by using terminology that complies with the current Core Measure data definition version. Communicates in a timely manner with other clinicians to achieve Core Measure compliance.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as a staff nurse in a med surg environment preferred
- Current Texas or compact state RN licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- ACLS certification within six months of employment.
- EKG competency prior to completion of orientation period
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.