SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with the heart to work with oncology patients, from the first day they learn of their cancer diagnosis through every stage of treatment? Apply now to join the Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
We have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care – through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital – as well as inpatient rehabilitation, our ER is a state-authorized Level III trauma center, and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World’s Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Sarah Cannon, the Global Cancer Institute of HCA
At Johnston-Willis Hospital we are proud to join the leading network of cancer experts from Sarah Cannon - the global cancer institute of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) - to create a new era of collaborative oncology in Richmond, Virginia.
You will work with an unrivaled team of dedicated clinicians as well as trusted, local providers throughout HCA Virginia, plus have access to global cancer resources that are unmatched by any single cancer center.
Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit
Patients undergoing surgical and non-invasive cancer procedures for solid tumors and/or blood cancers
Length of stay varies; many patients on the unit every 3 weeks over a period of 9 to 10 weeks or longer
Our nurses have the opportunity to participate in Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification course
57% of our nurses hold certification (OCN); once certified, can begin hanging and administering chemotherapy
Join our unit where the environment is positive and supportive, where we focus on hosting regular fun team-building activites (bowling night, tie-dye shirt-making contest, cupcake wars, and more!), and where you can count on encouragement to focus on education and continuing professional development.
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited School of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Previous nursing experience in an acute care facility (preferred)
- Previous nursing experience in Oncology Medical/Surgical (preferred)
- Full-Time (PRN also may be available)
- 12-Hour Shifts, Nights from 7pm to 7am
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNS eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.