SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Graduate (RN) StaRN, Multiple Departments Available
Time, Various Shifts Available, 0.9 FTE
St Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
Medical Center (SLMC) is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint
Commission. Since 1983, St. Lucie has continually provided quality care to the
Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a
birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, breast center, minimally-invasive
and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine
Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment ensuring patients have
access to high-quality care. St. Lucie is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, as
designated by the Joint Commission, and an American College of Cardiology
accredited Chest Pain Center. Additionally, the Emergency Room at the main
hospital as well as the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with
consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to
its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, abundant open space and optimistic
vision of the people who live here. If you are interested in a dynamic career in
a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team here
at St Lucie Medical Center.
We offer you an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex
spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
and employee stock purchase program.
St. Lucie Medical Center is seeking exceptional, caring and compassionate new RN graduates to apply for our StaRN New Graduate program!
Join our 2020 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
The HCA Nurse Residency Program will provide education, support and guidance to new graduate nurses as they begin their careers in HCA Healthcare hospitals. It is a yearlong, extensive clinical orientation (StaRN) and professional development curriculum for new graduate nurses that culminates in an evidence-based capstone project.
StaRN (12 -16 weeks):
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment.
StaRN will assist the graduate nurse with the transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- Didactic training: introduces nurses to core curriculum and hospital initiatives in a classroom setting
- Simulation training: reinforces nursing skills learned in a didactic setting
- Hands on training: 6-8 weeks with a facility preceptor in a nursing unit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Dysrhythmia Interpretation
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
The schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is Monday through Friday, 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week. The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three 12-hour shifts at the hospital. Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
Professional Development Program (remaining 9 months):
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization into the culture of professional nursing
- Monthly resident seminars following a core curriculum for professional development
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital.
Units that typically hire StaRN residents include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Surgical
- Progressive Care/Stepdown
- Recent (under 1 year) graduate of an accredited school
of professional nursing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- FL RN Licensure, or Recognized Compact Licensure
(subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to
ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Strong communication skills required
- Customer service abilities including effective
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent
standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of
patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.