Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment available for select roles and facilities. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Surgical Technician First Assist
- Prepares and maintains the surgical area under the supervision of the surgeon and senior surgical services team.
- The Surgical Tech First Assist will scrub and assist the physician during procedures.
- They will assist the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of other staff and functions as a resource within the surgical department.
- Assists before during and after surgical procedures - provides retraction, manipulation of tissues, homeostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient.
- Performs ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electrocautery application.
- Assists in the preparation of patients, position, application of casts/immobilizers and surgical dressings and drainage, closes wounds under the oversight of the surgeon.
- Places tourniquets and tourniquets and catheters.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet and healing environment whenever possible.
- Interacts and communicates with patients, families and others in a caring empathetic and respectful manner.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, 183 beds, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, it’s no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now