SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in
Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor
& Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and
Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney
Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a
separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are
committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee
stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
This position acts as a coordinator
between internal and external referral sources, and acute inpatient rehab
operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation
Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers,
physicians, payors, and other referral sources.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient
placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with
both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist works
closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flowing
referral and admission process for the inpatient acute rehab program.
- Follows approved company policy and procedures. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist
utilizes appropriate patient information sources as well as direct
communications with other members of the patient’s care team to identify
those patients who may need acute inpatient rehabilitation services prior
to returning home. The Clinical
Rehabilitation Specialist will review these patients daily until they have
strong clinical evidence to request a physician order for a formal
pre-admission assessment for acute inpatient rehab through their assigned
- Once Case Management has completed the Patient
Choice process and the patient has agreed to participate in a HCA acute
rehabilitation program, the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will assist
and coordinate the in-take and pre-admission screening process. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist accurately
documents evidence of the patient’s compliance with the established rehabilitation
admission criteria on the Pre-Admissions Screening form in a timely and
legible manner. Updates to the
Pre-Admission Screening form are completed within 48 hours prior to admission
to the acute inpatient rehab program. The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist
then provides this information to the Rehab Medical Director and responds
to any question or request for additional information the Rehab Medical Director
might require to make an appropriate admission decision. Admission decisions are communicated to
referral source within 2 hours.
- Performs on-site and off-site review of patients
in designated facilities to assist Case Management in identifying patients
that could clinically benefit from rehab services.
- Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation
to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab
and program features to Case Management to share with patients and family
members. May provide directly to
patient and family after a patient has selected HCA as rehabilitation
- Communicates to patients, expectations and
requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of
the rehab unit (or coordinates tour if unable to provide personally).
- Secures information relating to patient’s resources
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab
admission criteria, leading to appropriate indentification of qualified
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab
- Establishes and maintains effective working
relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational
contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members
and other professionals. Serves as
educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis
and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab
Unit. Contributes to the
development and maintenance of referral source information such as
brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
- Manages time proficiently. Prioritizes meeting commitments to
referral sources. Develops a
call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan
for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program
and raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and
timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she
- Develops system that ensures calls are
appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care
specialty (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or
eligible for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- Professional appearance.
- Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication
- Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- BCLS certification (AHA)
- Pass CARE tool credentialing, when available via UDS
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years
of accepting position.
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the
Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating
admissions for inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
- Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging
- Ability to analyze data related to referral
- Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with referral
sources while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
- Self-directed with problem solving capability.
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination
of medical necessity for an IRF admission.
- Ability to analyze clinical data looking at diagnosis
and comorbidities that will demonstrate the patients’ complete medical picture.
- Experienced in speaking in medical terminology with
physicians, case managers, therapists about disease states, comorbidities, and
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.