DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named a 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in the nation by IBM Watson Health for 12 years. Additionally, for four consecutive years, Healthgrades has awarded St. David’s Medical Center (which includes Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David’s Georgetown Hospital) the America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for conducting rounds on patients, performing assessments, coordinating and evaluating the plan of care, and implementing discharge plans at the direction and supervision of the Primary Physician permitted under Texas law. The NP also administers medications/treatments and assists with procedures as ordered by the physicians. The NP works collaboratively with the healthcare team to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. While the NP is subject to practice under the protocols established and approved by the medical staff as required by Texas law, in all other respects the NP is subject to the Hospital's authority. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Monday through Friday, variable day hours, on-call as needed.
· Education: Graduate of an Advanced Nurse Practitioner Program. Master's Degree in appropriate clinical nursing specialty.
· Licensure/Certification: Nurse Practitioner with current state license. BLS certification required. ACLS required within six (6) months of employment. DEA & DPS required to exercise prescriptive authority.
· Experience: Minimum of one-year adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing preferred.
· Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to manipulate various types of electronic and clinical equipment, adjust and troubleshoot monitoring equipment, IV infusions, and computer equipment. Ability to operate specialty equipment related to area of expertise and to perform computer tasks at a "user's" level. Ability to insert and maintain PICC Lines.
· Interpersonal Skills: Must possess the ability to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in an effective manner exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
· Essential Physical Requirements: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Able to lift/push/pull patients to transport and/or reposition. Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of up to 30 pounds.
· Essential Cognitive Abilities: Possesses the ability to comprehend and interpret complex clinical subject matter related to the specialty area and calculate in apothecary and metric systems for drug administration. Must possess the ability to document appropriate clinical information. Has the ability to interpret rules/regulations/accrediting and licensing standards sufficiently for implementation. Maintains concentration and organization while dealing with multiple issues. Possesses the ability to analyze data and formulate an appropriate plan of action.
· Essential Sensory Requirements: Possesses the ability to respond to patient and family needs by interpreting verbal and non-verbal expressions.
· Exposure to Hazards: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and potentially contaminated body fluids and hazardous materials. OSHA risk factor: Category I. Potential risk of physical injury attributed to moving machinery and supplies.
· Age-Specific Criteria: Possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. Possesses knowledge of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Possesses the skills/knowledge to perform treatments and interpret data, including age-related care needed by the patient group.
· Other: Knowledgeable of the mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient-focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code, good grooming and personal hygiene habits. Cognizant of and conforms to all hospital policies and procedures. Participates in supporting the facility in meeting the expectations and requirements of regulatory agencies.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now