SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We invite new graduates to apply for Memorial Health's StaRN New Graduate program!
Memorial Health Savannah is a 612-bed hospital located in Savannah, Georgia that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
The 10-16 week program starts February 24, 2020 and features didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Memorial Health. During the 10-16 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. After completion of the program, you will transfer to Memorial Health and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with the hospital.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Tracks offered for February, 2020 include Med/Surg (General, Oncology, Surgical Trauma, Ortho, Cardiac, Observation/Holding), Step Down, and ICU (Neuro, Cardiac, Trauma, Medical).
Part 1: StaRN Program (First 10 – 16 weeks)
The program combines instructor-led classroom training, state-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief, and self-directed learning while the learner also completes a clinical preceptorship at the hospital in the unit the learner will be employed in once the StaRN program is completed. Parts of the program may require travel to an offsite training location.
Part 2: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of the 1st year after the StaRN Program
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Learners continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
Key values to the candidates:
- Access to Mosby Elsevier Core Curriculum, AACN Core Curriculum or Emergency Nurse Association Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum (depending on chosen track)
- Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- CPI Certification, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS (depending on chosen track)
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
- Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
We offer a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, paid family medical leave, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, scholarships for employee's children, employee stock purchase plan and a huge opportunity for growth.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Must have a Georgia or multistate RN license at the start the program
- Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training Program
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.