SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed facility that opened June 7, 2010. SRMC provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, women’s services, orthopedic, cardiac care and behavioral health services. Our surgical services include robotic-assisted technology, allowing our surgeons to operate with the tiniest incisions and with greater vision, precision and control.
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center we put patients first by focusing on the highest quality patient care practices and advanced technologies while keeping patient safety a top priority. You'll be treated as an individual, with compassion and care. Patients first means excellent service, every patient, every time.
- 20 beds, 3 triage bays,
- The cohesive team operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”.
- Outstanding Physician/Nurse relationship.
- Experienced and supportive leadership team that afford the opportunity for you to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Serves as the Nursing Team Leader to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Serves as a resource and mentor for staff in the clinical area.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions and actions in the lead clinical role.
- Provides opportunities for employment development. Responsible for establishing training, education and maintaining ED Nursing staff competencies
- Monitors ED Nursing schedules to ensure appropriate staffing based on department needs.
- Monitors productivity and adjusts staffing to volumes as appropriate. Assists with developing staffing modules that will work in maintaining current PLUS standards.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Emergency Department Director, will assist with ED Nursing employee evaluations and can implement Corrective Action as appropriate and per HR policies and procedures.
- Utilizes quality improvement as a basis to improve department processes. Assist with daily and monthly audits as assigned by ED Director. Participation in hospital committees and meetings as assigned.
- Assists with thorough and complete orientation of all incoming personnel, utilizing the department orientation plan and ensuring all aspects of the orientation process are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains unit readiness for regulatory surveys.
- Demonstrates effective leadership and management behaviors.
- Demonstrates clinical competence to practice within the department’s scope of service.
- Communicates effectively with leadership, staff, peers, and physicians, external and internal customers.
- Assists with departmental CQI program, outcomes management projects, and other hospital initiatives in compliance with Federal, State, and Joint Commission regulatory/accreditation bodies.
- Pursues own professional growth and development
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Student Loan Assistance Program (FT/PT employees)
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Package
Matching 401(k) Plan
Nursing Clinical Ladder
Generous Paid Time-Off Plan
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Discount Program
Required: Two years experience in Emergency Nursing where effective leadership and supervisory abilities have been demonstrated.
Preferred: Five years experience at a nurse management level in Emergency Nursing in which supervisory and administrative abilities have been demonstrated.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as an RN eligible to work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Required - Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia.
Required - Current certification as an American Heart Association B
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.