DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Adult Emergency Department. Submit your application today
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
In 2005, Sunrise Children’s Hospital completed a $75 million renovation and expansion effort, which is the last time the facility added to its capacity. Currently, the two hospitals have 690 beds. When the project is complete, the capacity will grow to 762 beds.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Adult Emergency. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include;
Position: Charge Registered Nurse Critical Care
Department: Adult Emergency
Shift: Full Time Mixed
Note: Relo Available
We have some exciting changes happening in our Adult Emergency Department this year. The emergency department will be expanding to a 77 bed department, located on the first floor, aiming to open in our new department in October or November of this year.
The Registered Nurse Charge Critical Care Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
· Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
· Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
· Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
· Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
· Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
· Carries out physician orders.
· Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
· Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
· Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
· Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
· Instructs and educates patients and families.
· Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
· Orients and mentors new staff members.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required Job Qualifications include:
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now