DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge Nurse
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe – Conroe, TX
Charge RN – Cardiac Cath Lab
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is a tertiary acute care 342 bed hospital that has been serving the community for more than 75 years. It provides a 24-hour designated Level II trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, cardiac care services, women’s center, daVinci robotic surgery, neurosciences, pediatric care, rehabilitation therapy, sleep center, radiology, hyperbaric medicine, diagnostic/imaging services, and wound care facility.
HCA Houston Healthcare Conroe is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
· Under the general direction of the Director/Manager of Critical Care Services, the Charge Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients experiencing critical illnesses requiring admission to the Unit.
· The Charge Nurse supports the medical care of all patients requiring Critical Care services under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the Hospital.
· The Charge Nurse utilizes the nursing process in ensuring safe and competent quality patient care.
· The Charge Nurse demonstrates expertise in patient assessment, clinical planning, clinical skills patient teaching, evaluating patient response, and documentation.
·The Charge Nurse provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
· The Charge Nurse provides direction to The Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and unlicensed assistive personnel in providing patient care.
· The Charge Nurse is responsible for delegating nursing tasks based on the needs of the patient and the knowledge and skills of the individual selected to perform such tasks.
· The Charge Nurse must be able to assess own learning needs to enhance personal and professional development.
· The Charge Nurse will increase knowledge and skills related to patient care by attending workshops, formal classes, seminars and inservices.
· The Charge Nurse must be able to assess the staff members and students educational needs and will assist with this education.
· The Charge Nurse will coordinate the ongoing operations of the unit and will be responsible for staffing and scheduling.
· The Charge Nurse will assist the Director of Critical Care Services with clinical supervision of nurses and will participate with annual evaluations of the staff.
· The Charge Nurse will consistently utilize appropriate communication channels and methods, and initiates constructive approach to problem identification and solution.
· Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
· Current licensure in Texas or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse.
· Graduation from an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
· Minimum of three years critical care nursing experience preferred.
· BLS certified
· ACLS certified
· BLS and ACLS instructor preferred
· CCRN preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now