SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeLas Palmas / Del Sol Hospitals are excited to announce that we have launched our very first system-wide Registered Nurse Float Pool.
What does this mean?
El Paso Market Float Pool Nurses will have the opportunity to gain experience floating to both Las Palmas and Del Sol Medical Centers. Market Float Pool Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. Market Float Pool Nurses can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations.
Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members. Market Float Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE) and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit based, facility based, or system based pools are based on which pool they are in.
- Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient’s status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
- Completes assessments of patient’s/significant others’ response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
- Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
- Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors
- Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
- Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient’s symptoms, responses, and progress.
- Supports the mission and vision of the Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
- Understands and is committed to helping the Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals under the LPDS Financial Performance Plan.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
- Adheres to the LPDS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
- Equipment and systems utilized: Meditech, PC, Common Office Equipment, Patient equipment appropriate to area/unit
Hours per Pay Period:
Full Time: Minimum of 36 hours per week. Two Saturdays and Two Sundays shift per scheduling cycle (28 days)
Full Time: Two Major, two Minor holidays for the year.
Market Float Pool employees will be required to float to all Las Palmas / Del Sol Healthcare System Facilities.
MORE ABOUT US:
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare is the leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region. Our physicians, nurses and staff are committed to keeping our community healthy and delivering the highest quality of patient care available.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our combined 675-bed hospitals are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits may include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and student loan assistance program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
License & Certifications
Current license in good standing, to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or Compact Nursing License. Required upon hire
BLS for Healthcare Providers /NRP/Stable preferred
3+ years of RN experience with a minimum of two years specialty experience for those floating to specialty areas. CNO discretion for experience below minimum.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.