SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA TriStar Horizon Medical Center
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (ER RN)
PRN 4 shifts/month
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Previous Emergency Room experience required
Our Mission- Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this Facility
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a 157-bed facility serving Dickson and surrounding counties. TriStar Horizon is an accredited Chest Pain Center, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a full array of acute care services, including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care, outpatient diagnostic services and cancer care through Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Horizon is committed to providing quality healthcare.
Our modern, 26-bed Certified Level III Trauma ER provides a high level of acute care 24/7. We are prepared and trained for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our hospital in Dickson proudly serves 40,000 patients each year in communities near White Bluff, Burns, and Kingston Springs. Our highly trained and skilled medical staff, includes board-certified emergency physicians, registered nurses, physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners, (paramedics and EMTs) and consulting physicians representing more than 30 medical specialties.
We serve the community with:
•Dickson County's only Accredited Chest Pain Center
•Advanced diagnostic technologies
•A helipad for air ambulances
•Rapid assessments of cardiac disease and trauma
•Expert treatment for patients of all ages, from children to older adults (we are a designated basic pediatric facility by state guidelines)
bout this opportunity:
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse. Cares for all patients of all ages. Participates in Performance Improvement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement. Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and all other customers. Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Horizon.
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Social skills to positively engage with your patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Your degree from an accredited School of Professional Nursing (B.S. or A.S.)
- ACLS Required within twelve months of hire.
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
You are encouraged to apply today as interviews are being set immediately!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current licensure with the TN Board of Nursing. Critical care experience preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion. Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within one year of hire or promotion
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.