This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (RN) – Medical Oncology Unit - FT days
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Relocating to Kansas City? Learn more about what Kansas City has to offer:
Under the general supervision of the unit's director or designee, the Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator:
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Medical Oncology Unit team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of unit and leadership/management experience is preferred.
- Current Missouri RN licensure required.
- BLS certification required.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical & leadership competency. Commitment & understand of staffing matrix/productivity standard. Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety & positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe & appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice. Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Under supervision of Director, expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with establish departmental and hospital policies & procedures.
- This position requires knowledge of growth & developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such car may be gained through education, training or experience).
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.