DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Data Scientist I develops Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning (DL) solutions to save lives and support the care of HCA patients. This technically focused position is responsible for understanding challenges/problems within the healthcare industry and leveraging these technologies to deliver real-time predictions and signals which enable our care providers to better care for our patients.
This Data Scientist I will deliver ML / DL products from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver impactful results to the organization. They will also design and implement monitoring of product function and performance. A Data Scientist I conforms to, and contributes to improving, department processes and standards. The Data Scientist I is a highly motivated self-starter, is a continual learner, and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines. This table illustrates the relative experience/expertise of the Data Scientists.
65% Machine Learning Development
• Build life-changing healthcare technology using Data Science solutions such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Artificial Intelligence
• Perform descriptive, exploratory and inferential statistical analysis as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
• Use front-end tools and interfaces (e.g. notification and alert systems, dashboard reports) for internal clients to view and interact with processed data.
• Stay on the cutting edge of technology, Data Science, and Machine Learning Engineering
• Develop deep expertise in working with clinical, operational, and financial data
• Perform data gathering (SQL, etc.) and data cleaning/wrangling
• Develop Machine Learning and AI software applications with industry-standard programming languages such as Python and R
• Perform feature engineering & modeling with clinical, operational, and financial data
• Produce high quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates coding best practices and serves as an example for less experienced Data Scientists
• Design and implement highly scalable applications that take advantage of distributed infrastructure on physical and cloud servers with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Apache Kafka
• Work collaboratively with DevOps team to evolve Data Science Integration configuration/customization for different environments
• Create and execute test cases (both automated and manual)
• Possess knowledge and experience with different phases of testing (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing).
• Participate in various code review activities
• Be incorporated in development teams from design to deployment of enterprise services.
15% Mentoring/Consulting Activities
• Define and help implement processes and standards for Machine Learning tools, code, testing, and product deployment for the CSG Data Science Team
• Train and mentor Data Analysts with respect to Data Science techniques and tools, mathematical and statistical understanding of Machine Learning, and industry best practices for Data Science development and solutions
20% Data Science Project Delivery and Leadership
• Help engage with stakeholders to define problem and impact of possible Data Science solutions
• Possess excellent communication skills to interface with various stakeholders from business consumer to technical staff.
• Help write strategic documents from business leaders. Assist with discussion and presentations to senior groups.
• Work as part of a team and work independently.
• Form internal/external relationships necessary to be successful
• Assist in collaboration between teams.
• Complete assignments on time.
• Anticipate likely adverse events and problems. Facilitate conversation and solution amongst peers and partners across enterprise.
• Accurately report issues and status to project management
• Assist with troubleshooting activities
We are looking for expertise in these areas. If you don’t have experience in some of these, you must be able to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team that builds Data Science signal delivery, data pipeline, and DevOps infrastructure.
• Technical expertise in the realms of math, statistics, machine learning/deep learning, model fitting and optimization
• Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning
• Expertise/experience in data analysis, exploration, modeling and visualization required
• Business acumen (i.e., ability to set up & frame predictive analytic problems/projects)
• Unix/command line proficiency
• Presentation skills (communicates well with stakeholders)
• Story telling (explains technical info/project well)
• Collaboration & teamwork ability
• Project management
• Healthcare domain knowledge, nice to have
• Has deployed models into production that are being used, preferable
• Able to evaluate performance of models in production
• SQL experience / database interrogation techniques
• Expertise with data visualization tools such Tableau, Qlik, and MicroStrategy
• Big Data experience (HDFS, Impala, Spark/PySpark, Flume, Kafka)
• Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesosphere, Rancher, and CoreOS
• Experience with container monitoring applications such as monitoring solutions such as SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, and Zabbix
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra (i.e. distributed compute and storage)
• Experience in data acquisition, data cleansing and parsing required.
• Scrum, Agile, Lean Product Development, Domain Driven Design
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Healthcare experience, preferable
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now