DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurses, clinicians, technicians and analysts who represent all dimensions of a learning healthcare system. CSG works in support of HCA Healthcare Divisions and Facilities to promote clinically-excellent, patient-centered care. We foster collaborative and innovative practices to resolve complex clinical issues. As the healthcare landscape continues to change, CSG will remain at the forefront of developing new strategies, tools and tactics to fulfill HCA Healthcare’s mission.
The Data Analyst I is primarily responsible for:
•Management of data analysis and reporting related to the Quality Review System (QRS) survey process and technology, as well as other data produced by the Quality Standards Department
• Generation of data associated with HCA-related facility performance in accreditation, regulatory, and QRS surveys
• Analysis of data to identify outliers, best practices, and performance to HCA Clinical Strategies in support of those strategies.
This individual represents the department in interdisciplinary team meetings.
This individual engages with executive operations leadership across the enterprise on a regular basis to deliver timely, professionally summarized analytics which inform business operations.
Strong working knowledge of applicable accreditation standards and regulations, HCA Clinical Strategies, and related HCA systems will be essential for success in this position.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of work papers and data analysis relating to all HCA Clinical Strategies and Goals, maintaining focus on strategic goals of full certification, accreditation and regulatory compliance at all sites of care
• Transform raw data into meaningful analytic using statistical techniques
• Acquire key data elements, assure data quality and integrate the data into operational workflow reports to utilize in survey process
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
• Build Tableau dashboards based on department-specific criteria
• Determine and devise mechanisms for data collection and interpretation methods, analytical methodologies, and research as necessary
• Lead collection of appropriate information from multiple business owners and internal systems, assembly of complex reports, and communication to enterprise operations leadership infusing data into decision-making processes and actions
• Perform monthly and quarterly quality reports of facility and division performance relative to accreditation, regulatory, and QRS surveys
• Responsible for the correct data interpretation, facility profiling, division assessment and trending
• Interface with various departments and organizational entities regarding CSG strategies, reports, and trends and other opportunities to improve efficiencies
• Prepare on-demand analyses of quality data addressing analysis of regulatory compliance, accreditation compliance, and QRS survey results, integrating analysis of data from other departments within CSG or Parallon, or from external sources such as The Joint Commission, AAAHC, etc.
• Perform responsibilities related to managing the QRS survey process, including but not limited to:
• Assembling and distributing pre-survey data and analyses and survey materials to QRS surveyors
• Managing QRS system for surveys; set up and manage users
• Maintaining QRS database and QRS materials for facility access
• Creating invoices for QRS survey services
• Serving as liaison to IT&S for the QRS Survey System, including but not limited to, system enhancements, problem solving, and updating the QRS consultant manual(s)
• Practice and demonstrate adherence to the HCA Code of Conduct and ethics policies, specifically related to strict adherence to confidentiality policies and HIPAA compliance requirements when data includes protected health information, credentialed provider information, or facility compliance reports or data
• Use data to identify regulatory and compliance trends and communicate findings to leaders working closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Preparation and assimilation of slide decks for various purposes, as needed
• Support department in timely completion of other projects, as assigned
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at using Business Intelligence (BI) tools and writing Structured Query Language (SQL) queries strongly preferred
• Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to look at large chunks of data, identify trends and recommend solutions
• Minimum of one year of previous related experience in healthcare analytics, health information management, or project management in a healthcare setting
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare-related field, information technology, or business-related field; Master’s degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in query tools (SQL) and relational databases such as Business Objects, and basic statistical skills and training, as well as Tableau experience, required
• A strong background in quality analytics – including but not limited to, development of key performance metrics, utilization of clinical data warehouse information and reporting tools, basic clinical analytics and benchmarking, and working knowledge of healthcare operations, specifically accreditation and regulatory standards as related to healthcare facilities, including but not limited to The Joint Commission, AAAHC, CMS Conditions of Participation, and state and local requirements
• Strong project management skills – ability to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope. Manage and synthesize an entire project into final deliverables in accordance with agreed timelines
• Solid organizational skills including superb attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Leadership – ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment, ability to perform work, special assignments, and tasks under minimal supervision. Report and escalate to management as needed
• Technical expertise – Expert proficiency in all modules of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
• Use complex computer programs to mine data sources and identify trends
• Communications – excellent written, oral and graphic presentation skills; strong working knowledge of healthcare data and terminology. Effectively communicates data findings to internal and external customers.
• Customer orientation – Successfully manages the relationship with the client and all stakeholders, establishing and maintaining long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Strong interpersonal skills – Works collaboratively with internal and external customers, fostering strong relationships with diverse groups, encouraging accomplishment of mutually-established goals
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now