SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Horizon Medical Center- Nashville, TN
Clinical Liaison - Clinical Referral Specialist
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
Rehab Clinical Liaison – Inpatient Physical Rehab Unit
Nationally recognized as one of the best! HCA Inpatient Rehabilitation Services is the largest acute hospital based provider of Inpatient Rehab in the country!! Take the opportunity to come join our team and be a part of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Services!
Our program provides specialized and highly skilled physical rehabilitation services to patients with complex needs.
Rehabilitation begins early in the patient's recovery. A dedicated rehabilitation team consists of physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and rehab nurses. Each patient's rehabilitation plan is individualized to help patients and their families achieve the best possible outcome and quality of life. Our team of board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians works with patients and their families every step of the way to get patients back to the quality of life they deserve.
Our Rehabilitation Program is designed to help people overcome the effects of a stroke or other debilitating injury or illness. The program combines physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, rehab nursing and nuero-psychology services under the direction of a psychiatrists (physical medicine and rehabilitation physician). Education, disease management, diet, home set-up, social and emotional needs and home exercise programs are provided to patients and their families to help them manage their care and perform acts of daily living at home. Medicare and most private insurance plans cover some or all of prescribed rehabilitation services.
This Liaison will support the admissions of Horizon Acute Rehab Program. This role will work predominantly within our Centennial Medical Center hospital coordinating with staff and physicians to assess patients for admission to our Rehab Program.
- Serves as a clinical resource.
Provides/Assists in direct care when appropriate to complex patients. Consults
with physicians and other healthcare providers to communicate patient progress.
- Serves as coordinator between internal and external referral sources and acute inpatient rehab operations
- Leads and participates with the
interdisciplinary team in planning delivery and evaluation of patient-focused
care. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds. Ensures that individualized patient
goals are agreed upon between patient, family and caregiver involvement.
- Ensures appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both case management and Rehab Medical Director
- Provides formal and informal
education opportunities on the unit to improve clinical skills of all staff.
Disseminates and coaches staff to implement latest evidence-based practices.
- Sets, monitors, and measures daily/weekly admission metrics
- Works closely with hospital case management to ensure responsive and smooth flowing admission and referral process for program
- May carry a caseload of patients
dependent upon the setting and nature of patients in order to ensure we
maintain the flexibility to meet the needs of our patients.
- Collects unit data on patient
outcomes i.e. pressure ulcers, medication errors, falls, risk reduction strategies,
etc. Communicates patient care needs, outcome measures and opportunities for
improvement to staff. Conducts
unit-based performance improvement initiatives.
- Serves as a representative on
hospital quality committees and work groups. Provides inputs as committee member
or clinician to patient education material development.
- Creates or coordinates the
development of patient educational pathways and patient educational material.
Promotes understanding of illness, hospitalization, discharge and self-care concepts.
- Assists and coordinates annual
competencies. Provides input to nursing leadership on the evaluation and
competency of nursing staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human
growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients
appropriate to ages of patients served.
- Current state license in TN or appropriate compact state
- Required RN (CRRN preferred) OR Physical Therapist OR Occupational Therapist OR Speech Pathologist (Speech Therapist)
- Minimum of 2 yrs clinical experience required.
- Previous leadership experience
- BLS and ACLS.(PALS as appropriate)
- Strong interpersonal/communication
- Certifications in specialty areas.
- Desire to pursue future leadership
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.