SHIFT: No Weekends
RN Coordinator Stroke Services
Wesley Medical Center
We are seeking a RN Coordinator Stroke Services for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Benefits that we offer you:
Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Repayment Program
401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
Position Description: Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department -specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care.Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Delivers patient-centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Coordination with outlying facilities for transfers
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- Community, HUC, EMS education as well as telemedicine sites education
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- Supports research and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- Maintains constructive collegial relations and collaborates with manager in cross-functional process improvement initiatives, facilitates open communication, and problem solving to ensure the effective coordination and integration of services.
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- Collaborate with quality department for data abstraction/entry into GWTG or other database
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Maintains stroke log database, chart abstraction, ICD 10 coding, resolution of coding errors, data analysis, and reports as needed
- Organizes data and attends meetings related to stroke care data and including but not limited to multi-disciplinary stroke subcommittee meetings.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Current Multi-State Licensure as a Registered Nurse with the ability to obtain a Kansas Registered Nurse license within 90 days of start date
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification
Required Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Preferred Education or Experience
- Experience running project or programs, managing multidisciplinary teams, or working on process improvement committees or councils.
- Experience caring for stroke specific population
- Experience working with accreditation or regulatory bodies such as the Joint Commission
Required Knowledge and Skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Possess personal computer skills
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers
- Ability to educate patients and/or significant others
- Knowledge of quality indicators and practice guidelines for stroke-specific care
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.