Become an ED Nurse in one of the highest ranking ED’s for patient satisfaction in the nation!
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, a campus of Wesley Healthcare, provides patients with convenient access to expert healthcare, surgical care and emergency services. Our 99-bed facility provides world-class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings. Wesley Woodlawn is also home to Wesley’s Bariatric Surgery program, which is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Wesley Woodlawn is consistently recognized for delivering the highest quality care. As the only full-service hospitals in Wichita to earn a coveted 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in 2019, Wesley Medical Center and Wesley Woodlawn rank in the top 6.4% of hospitals nationwide for patient safety and quality of care. The two facilities are also the only hospitals in the region recognized with “A” safety scores by The Leapfrog Group, an independent hospital watchdog organization, in its Spring 2019 Hospital Safety Score℠ rankings.
To learn more about the culture in our ED, click HERE!
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
· You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
· You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
· You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
· You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
· You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
· You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
· You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
· You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
· You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
· You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
· You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
· Your decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
· You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
· You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
· You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
· You will demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
· You will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
· You will secure, administer and handle medication according to established guidelines
Interested in a career at Wesley Woodlawn? Call Julie!
email@example.com | 303.242.9773
PRN requirement is 16 hours a pay period.
I'm interested, what is required for this position?
· You have a current Registered Nurse License in the state of Kansas, and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
· Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
· Advanced Cardias Life Support (ACLS) and Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) upon or after hire pending enrollment in first available course
· CTAS and Dysrythmia upon hire or after pending enrollment in first available course
· We would like to fill this position with an RN who has 1 to 2 years ED experience
· We believe it's pretty great to be a new or recent graduate nurse. We're considering recent graduates and non-ED applicants as well
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now