Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgery team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family’s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
TriStar Southern Hills has been serving our community for the past 40 years. Our 126-bed facility has been a leader for a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency services, cardiology, orthopaedics and rehabilitation. TriStar Southern Hills is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center. There are more than 300 board certified physicians representing more than 20 specialties, many of whom have offices located on our campus.
What you will do in this role:
The Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) assists the surgeon in exposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions during the surgical procedure. Initiates appropriate intra-operative behaviors unique to first assisting. Applies knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and operative technique relative to operative procedures. Maintains a sterile environment.
In addition to basic Surgical Technologist Performance Expectations the CSFA expectations are, but not limited to the following:
• Preparation of the surgical site to include shaving, marking, application of surgical scrub/paint.
• Apply positioning aids, tourniquet cuff, etc.
• Drape operative site.
• Provide exposure/retraction.
• Suction and/or sponge surgical field.
• Provide hemostasis by: injection, touches cautery to instrument held by physician, uses electrocautery on tissue, uses bipolar cautery, clamping/tying.
• Using instruments for tissue manipulation.
• Assist surgeon in utilizing/manipulating special equipment, i.e., video camera and equipment, etc.
• Perform skin closure by staples or suture as directed and supervised by surgeon.
• Insert and suture drains as directed and supervised by surgeon.
• Apply dressings, gauze, splints, and casts.
• Administer subcutaneous postoperative injections of local anesthetics when directed by the surgeon.
What qualifications you will need:
In addition to Surgical Technologist Requirements:
• CSFA Certification
• Completion of Accredited CSTFA Education Program
• At least 3 years’ experience
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition, Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruitment team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now